Astute, structured, and consistent problem solving is crucial to any effective aerospace manufacturing enterprise. This course will equip delegates to implement the AS13000 methodology, enabling them to satisfy aerospace customers’ demands by successfully identifying, verifying, understanding, and eliminating problems occurring throughout manufacturing processes. Our experienced professional trainers will deliver expert instruction paired with interactive exercises and practical applications as they guide delegates through the principles and applications of AS13000.
- To gain an understanding of AS13000, through a balanced combination of instruction and practical hands-on exercises
- To strengthen delegates’ practical problem solving skills, especially with regard to manufacturing processes
- To establish the habit of structured problem solving using the AS13000 framework
- To understand how to effectively identify and verify root causes
- To explore the formulation of emergency responses to problems
- To understand and eliminate the challenge of recurring problems
- To enhance delegates’ ability to identify and implement corrective actions
- To equip delegates to develop preventive action plans
Expertise in 8D and AS13000 allows problems throughout the production process to be identified and solved effectively and efficiently, thus eliminating waste, decreasing variation, refining quality, raising production levels, and boosting profits.
The content of the course is highly relevant to AS9100D, as well as being closely linked to ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management Systems) and IATF 16949 (Automotive Manufacturing Systems).
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for process owners in the aerospace supply base, and anyone, particularly engineers, who aims to improve their practical problem solving, especially in relation to manufacturing processes.
Your Tutor – Robert Hargreaves
As a professional coach, consultant, and auditor, Robert Hargreaves is enthusiastic to share the thirty years of experience he has gained in the manufacturing industry as an engineer and manager. He has worked in aerospace design and analysis within Rolls-Royce plc, manufacturing and production in the automotive supply base, IT project management, quality and environmental management within the special materials sector, and as a freelance auditor of business management systems. Robert now offers training, auditing, and consultancy through his own company, Berean Examiners.
Robert is recognised as a:
- Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Fellow of the Charted Quality Institute
- Lead Quality Auditor with the International Register of Certificated Auditors
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Robert has shared the wisdom which he has gained during his own professional journey with over 650 people through a wide variety of training courses over the last five years. His areas of specialism include:
- Quality Management Systems including ISO 9001:2015
- Environmental Management Systems including ISO 14001:2015
- Internal auditing
- Lean Six Sigma
- Problem solving
- Process optimisation
Unit C St Davids Court