Our aim is to develop your confidence and competence in receiving, producing, and delivering numerical information within the modern aerospace workplace. Our experienced professional trainers will deliver expert instruction paired with interactive exercises and practical applications as they guide you through the principles, uses, and applications of various numerical methods which are key to the presentation and understanding of aerospace manufacturing and process information.
Competency in numerical manipulation is one of the keys to effectiveness within the modern aerospace industry, especially when dealing with KPIs (key process indicators). This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills to handle statistical data successfully, boosting your own professional confidence and enhancing your effectiveness in the workplace.
This course will prepare delegates to meet the expectations of competence for the requirements of:
- ISO 9001:2015 (9.1.3 Analysis and Evaluation)
- AS9100D (9.1.3 Analysis and Evaluation)
- IATF 16949 (184.108.40.206 Application of Statistical Concepts)
- Building confidence and competence in handling statistical material in the context of the modern aerospace industry
- Enhancing delegates’ understanding of key mathematical processes and concepts
- Demonstrating and experimenting with different methods of presenting statistical data
- Discovering how to derive meaningful information from statistics
- Learning how to make informed decisions using statistics
- Exploring the application of statistical information within the modern aerospace workplace
The course is divided into three key parts, and a balanced variety of instruction and hands-on practice is maintained throughout the day:
- Understanding Statistics: Do the Math
- Presenting Statistics: Lines and Squiggles
- Interpreting Statistics: Figuring Out those Figures
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for engineers, technicians, and managers who would like to become more comfortable with using numerical methods to present and understand manufacturing and process information.
Your Tutor – Robert Hargreaves
As a professional coach, consultant, and auditor, Robert Hargreaves is enthusiastic to share the thirty years of experience he has gained in the manufacturing industry as an engineer and manager. He has worked in aerospace design and analysis within Rolls-Royce plc, manufacturing and production in the automotive supply base, IT project management, quality and environmental management within the special materials sector, and as a freelance auditor of business management systems. Robert now offers training, auditing, and consultancy through his own company, Berean Examiners.
Robert is recognised as a:
- Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Fellow of the Charted Quality Institute
- Lead Quality Auditor with the International Register of Certificated Auditors
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
Robert has shared the wisdom which he has gained during his own professional journey with over 650 people through a wide variety of training courses over the last five years. His areas of specialism include:
- Quality Management Systems including ISO 9001:2015
- Environmental Management Systems including ISO 14001:2015
- Internal auditing
- Lean Six Sigma
- Problem solving
- Process optimisation
Unit C St Davids Court