WEAF Aerospace Ambassador Awards
WHO ARE THE BEST AMBASSADORS OF AEROSPACE IN THE SOUTH WEST?
Building on the outstanding success of the inaugural Aerospace Ambassador Awards held in 2017, we are now inviting nominations for the 2018 Awards, which will be held at Aerospace Bristol, on Wednesday 27th June 2018, under Concorde!
To qualify for an Aerospace Ambassador Award, we are looking for those inspirational, brightest, most-dedicated and highest-achieving people in the aerospace sector who have succeeded in any of the following ways:
- Shown initiative and ingenuity to design something innovative with impressive outcomes.
- Solved a problem with a system, a process or a technique.
- Found a radical solution with new materials
- Made an impressive impact at a young age
- Overcome personal challenges to make a significant achievement
- Shown dedication and commitment beyond normal expectations to ensure total satisfaction and success
- Helped to make an aircraft safer, lighter, environmentally friendly and more reliable.
WHO CAN YOU NOMINATE FOR AN AWARD?
You are free to nominate any number of potential Ambassadors for one or more of the following 6 Award Categories, provided you believe they fulfill the appropriate Award criteria (click on the name of the award for each Award Category eligibility criteria):
- Best Aerospace Engineer
- Best Young Aerospace Entrant
- SME Star Employee Ambassador Award
- The Ed Strongman Life Time Achievement Award
- Best Aerospace Extra Mile Ambassador Award
- Best Aerospace Media Ambassador Award
HOW DO YOU MAKE A NOMINATION?
Firstly, something very important….
The deadline for nominations is 5:00pm on 1st June 2018.
Secondly, you can find the Nomination Form here
Once you have completed the Nomination Form in accordance with the guidelines below, please press SUBMIT on the online form. Remember nominations must be received by the above deadline.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE NOMINATION FORM GUIDELINES
The official WEAF Nomination Form must be used, otherwise your nomination will not be considered.
- All nominations will be treated as confidential, but will be shared between the members Judging Panel who will also respect confidentiality.
- All sections of the Nomination Form must be completed.
- When providing a nomination, it is required specifically to identify advances or contributions made by the individual being nominated.
- A bullet point style of presentation is acceptable. Maximum 500 words
- Summary section of the Nomination Form; Please complete this as it is required to provide a brief citation setting out achievements, which may be used in publicity if the nominee is successful.
- Nomination Forms received after 5:00pm on 1st June 2018 will not be included in the 2018 WEAF Aerospace Ambassador Awards, but may be carried forwards for inclusion in the 2019
- If a nomination is of a very high calibre but just misses being selected as an Award winner, the Judging Panel may suggest to carry it forward to the following year. If so, you will be contacted. There is, however, no guarantee that it would be successful in subsequent years.