Join WEAF to celebrate our Annual Gala Dinner
This year’s premier black tie networking event for the South West will see members of the aerospace and defence industry congregate for an evening of business networking. With in excess of 320 delegates in attendance from the industry it is an opportunity not to be missed.
Table of 10:
- Members (Table of 10) – £1400 + VAT
- Non- Members (Table of 10) – £1850 + VAT
- Members – £140 + VAT
- Non-Members – £185 + VAT
For further information or to book your place please visit the Gala Dinner events page
BBC Sports Presenter, John Inverdale – Award Winning BBC Sports Presenter, Conference Host, Awards Presenter and Entertaining After-Dinner Speaker
John Inverdale began his career as a reporter on the Lincolnshire Echo before moving to BBC Radio Lincolnshire in 1982. His first job with network radio was in 1986 as a sports reporter for BBC Radio 2 and a news reporter for Radio 4 on the Today programme. In 1988 he became presenter of Sport on 2 which he hosted for six years until the advent of Radio 5 Live when he moved to a daily news programme.
During his radio career, he has presented numerous Olympic Games, Football and Rugby World Cups, Wimbledon Championships, Open Championships, plus numerous other major sporting events throughout the world including the Ryder Cup, World Athletics Championships, Grand Nationals and Cheltenham Festivals, Champions League and FA Cup Finals.
Katherine Bennett, Senior VP Airbus UK
Our nominated Charity for this years Gala Dinner is NSPCC – So if you would like to donate a prize for the Charity Raffle please get in touch with Cathy Williams email@example.com
Help us to make a difference!
Abuse ruins childhood, but it can be prevented. That’s why we’re here. That’s what drives all our work, and that’s why – as long as there’s abuse – we will fight for every childhood.
We help children rebuild their lives, and we find ways to prevent abuse from ruining any more.
So when a child needs a helping hand, we’ll be there. When parents are finding it tough, we’ll help. When laws need to change, or governments need to do more, we won’t give up until things improve.
We’re the leading charity in child protection in Bristol, South West and across the UK. We offer 24/7 support to children and adults through Childline and NSPCC Helpline.
We prevent the crushing effects of abuse by talking to children in primary schools so they learn that abuse is never their fault, they should never suffer in silence and they have somewhere to turn if they are worried.
In the average primary school class, at least 2 children have suffered abuse or neglect.
- In 2016/17, the NSPCC Schools Service visited over 7,800 schools and spoke to over 1.6 million children about how to keep themselves safe.
- In Bristol in 2016/17, the Schools Service visited 52 schools and spoke to 14,321 children.
- In 2017/18 we are aiming to speak to over 1.5 million children in 8,000 schools, including 40 Bristol schools.
- £3 could pay for the NSPCC Speak out Stay safe programme to reach one primary school child, giving them the knowledge to protect themselves from abuse
- £555could cover the cost for the NSPCC Speak out Stay safe programme to visit one primary school and speak to every child aged 5-11, giving them the knowledge to protect themselves from abuse
We can’t do this without you! As over 90% of all our income comes from voluntary donations, we rely heavily on the support of generous individuals and companies to fund our vital work.
A huge thank you to WEAF for supporting the NSPCC at their annual dinner this year.
Abuse changes childhood. But, together so can we.
2 Lower Castle St