All WEAF members, together with the aerospace and advanced engineering sector in general, have one thing in common – a desire to sustain and grow their businesses.
Finding new prospects, increasing orders with the existing customer base and accessing the right kind of funding and finance are key to any business’ success.
Whatever challenges there are in the political landscape, there are still new contract opportunities out there, as well as access to grants and other funding sources; Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEP) websites in particular are great places to start exploring local options.
What’s more, WEAF events are specifically designed to help you learn about new technologies, OEM products and upgrades, as well as to highlight how procurement strategies are developing throughout the supply chain. The aim of these events is to provide insider information and present new opportunities.
The information and links below are offered to help navigate the growth and funding landscape.
Research and development
Advice on finance
(with thanks to GFirst LEP)
- Access To Finance Guide (PDF)
- Accountant Directory – Find a local accountant
- BBA – The Voice of Banking & Financial Services
- Business Funding & Debt – Business funding and debt advice
- Business Tax – Includes corporation tax, self-assessment, capital gains tax and VAT guidance
- Business Finance Support Finder – Search for publicly-backed finance or business support
- Which finance is right for your business? – Business finance that takes into account business size, turnover, shares and funding required
- Business Finance Explained – A guide on finance options
- Better Business Finance – Impartial information and support for business customers that would like to increase their finance
- Business Finance For You – Helps businesses in the UK quickly and easily access finance suppliers
- Gov.uk Business Finance and Support Finder
- HMRC help & support for SMEs product catalogue
- The ICAEM Business Finance Guide – Useful guide, from start-up to growth, provided by the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- SME Finance – Best practice finance guide (PDF)
- UK Export Finance – UKEF has provided over £176 million worth of export contracts under its short-term products since May 2010, while offering support of £5.97 billion across its entire product range
Local Enterprise Partnerships
The following links will take you to the LEP ‘funding pages’ for local opportunities, grants and business finance arrangements.
It’s always worth exploring the ‘business zones’ on the LEP websites too.
Further funding information
Over 46,000 business ideas supported with more than £300 million worth of loans. We offer low-interest personal loans to help fund your business ideas and free business support to give you the confidence to succeed.