Would you like to be part of the team taking Cornwall into the future… and beyond?
The West of England Aerospace Forum (WEAF) is recruiting an experienced and self-motivated Project Procurement Manager to be an integral part of the team that is delivering the AeroSpace Cornwall Research & Development programme. Reflecting the growth of the aerospace and space sectors across Cornwall, the programme promotes and delivers Research, Development and Innovation (RD&I) and Business Improvement across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly (CIoS).
The programme is delivered by WEAF in Cornwall in partnership with the Cornwall Development Company. Businesses can benefit from RD&I funding for projects, Innovation Vouchers of up to £5,000 and Supply Chain Support of up to 100 hours. The project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and Cornwall Council.
Project Procurement Manager
0.6 FTE (days per week)
Operating across Cornwall
Fixed-term contract to 30th November 2019
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Procurement Manager will utilise their detailed knowledge of current ERDF procedures and protocols to manage the planning, monitoring and reporting of beneficiaries’ claims and ensure they meet the requirements, protocol and scrutiny of the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) and ERDF. The post is a key role as a bridge between beneficiaries and AeroSpace Cornwall in managing the compliance and financial risks associated with ERDF.
This role is based in Pool, Cornwall and requires travel throughout Cornwall (Full job description below).
Closing date for applications: noon, Wednesday 24th October 2018.
Interviews will be held at Pool Innovation Centre, Cornwall on Friday 2nd November 2018.
To apply for this post please submit a covering letter (including any notice period) and CV by email to Peter Munro-Lott, AeroSpace Cornwall Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
The AeroSpace Cornwall programme is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and Cornwall Council.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
|Job Title: WEAF AeroSpace Cornwall Procurement Manager||Accountable to: AeroSpace Cornwall Project Manager|
Contract Length: Fixed term until 30th November 2019
|Hours per week/FTE: 0.6 (3 days per week)|
|Location: Cornwall Development Company, Pool TR15 3QG and operating across Cornwall.|
AeroSpace Cornwall promotes and delivers Research, Development and Innovation across the aerospace and space sectors in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly (CIOS). The project is delivered by the West of England Aerospace Forum (WEAF) in partnership with Cornwall Development company (CDC). The project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), Cornwall Council and the CIOS Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
Purpose of Role:
The post holder will utilise their detailed knowledge of current ERDF procedures and protocols to manage the planning, monitoring and reporting of beneficiaries’ claims and ensure they meet the requirements, protocol and scrutiny of the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) and ERDF. The post is a key role as a bridge between beneficiaries and AeroSpace Cornwall in managing the compliance and financial risks associated with ERDF.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key Working Relationships: Managers and other staff, and external partners, suppliers etc; with whom regular contact is required.
Specialist Knowledge/ Qualifications
- Chartered institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) professional standard (or equivalent), or substantial relevant experience that demonstrates high level literacy, numeracy and analytical skills.
- ERDF project monitoring, reporting and audit procedures.
- Extensive experience of procurement according to National Procurement Guidelines, including preparation and justification of tenders using Contracts Finder.
- Successful delivery of an ERDF project
- Extensive procurement experience in the public sector
- Project and workflow management
- Budget monitoring & management
- Financial reporting
- Customer facing, service-oriented environment
- Communicates effectively orally, in writing and/or using visual media
Planning and Managing Resources
- Plans, prioritises and organises work to achieve objectives on time
- Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups
Creativity, Innovation and Problem Solving
- Uses initiative or creativity to resolve problems