This role is based in Plymouth, UK at Fine Tubes Limited, which is part of AMETEK’s Specialty Metal Products division.
Ametek manufactures high-quality precision metal tubes for demanding technical applications in Aerospace, Nuclear, Energy, Medical, Oil and Gas and High-Performance industries.
They are currently seeking a Product Manager, reporting to the Director Sales & Marketing SMP EMEA, who will be responsible for commercial strategy and deployment and will have accountability for pricing, proposals and contract review. Emphasis will be on the Aerospace, Medical and Nuclear markets.
• Accountable for pricing, proposals, and contract review within the tube product line.
• Function as the primary point of contact for key account relationship management.
• Identify new products and new market opportunities via the collation of market intelligence.
• Customer problem resolution.
• Product analytics including market share and competitive landscape.
• Reporting and forecasting.
• Establish and meet annual and quarterly sales forecasts.
• Identify, manage, and win avenues for profitable revenue growth.
• Develop strategic customer accounts and cultivate new business opportunities.
• Lead and conduct business with safety as a top priority.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in an industrial manufacturing environment across all aspects of business. They will have a track record of relationship management with OEMs through to the supply chain including distribution.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• 5 years’ experience in technical roles within a manufacturing environment.
• Experience in key account relationship management.
• Experience in the Aerospace or Medical industry is preferred.
• Experience in the Metal industry.
• Excellent customer relationship skills and experience.
• Proven track record of setting aggressive targets and meeting business goals.
• Use of cost and profit as drivers for business decision making.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with multifunctional matrix teams.
• Willingness and desire to be part of a fast moving, dynamic team.
• Ability to communicate effectively both externally with customers and internally at all levels from the CEO to shop floor personnel.
• Product management experience/skillset a plus.
• Strategic relationship-building skills that focus on the customer’s critical agenda issues.
• Established relationships with decision makers in aerospace markets.
• Professional acumen that can be built upon for broader leadership roles.
• Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
TO APPLY: CLICK HERE