ATI Fly Zero
FlyZero is the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) project to enable the UK to lead a revolution in zero-carbon air travel.
Sustainable Aviation is a long-term strategy which sets out the collective approach of UK aviation to tackling the challenge of ensuring a cleaner, quieter, smarter future for our industry.
The Jet Zero Council (JZC) is a partnership between industry and government to bring together ministers and chief executive officer-level stakeholders to drive the ambitious delivery of new technologies and innovative ways to cut aviation emissions.
This challenge is investing up to £125 million to develop greener ways to fly, such as all-electric aircraft and deliveries by drone, by advancing electric and autonomous flight technologies. The investment is matched by £175 million from industry.
The challenge aims to bring together technologies in electrification, aviation systems and autonomy to create new modes of air travel and capability. It will:
- create the aviation system of the future
- increase mobility, improve connectivity and reduce congestion for people across the UK
- advance electric and autonomous flight technologies to help the UK reach its net zero target
- drive technology investment to the UK by increasing UK manufacturing and service opportunities.
This challenge is investing up to £318 million in research and innovation projects and facilities to drive the growth of a strong battery business in the UK. We aim to develop battery technologies that are:
- high performing
- longer range
- faster charging
UK Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Association
The UK Hydrogen & Fuel Cell Association is the oldest and largest pan UK association, dedicated to supporting stakeholders across the entire value chain of both the Hydrogen sector and the Fuel Cell industry. We launched in the summer of 2010, following the merger of Fuel Cells UK and the UK Hydrogen Association. With over 15 years of experience, the UK HFCA is a leader in advocating for and accelerating the transition to Net Zero in the UK through the deployment of hydrogen & fuel cell solutions.
The Association supports members in understanding and enhancing the prospects for hydrogen and fuel cells in the UK, and acts on behalf of its members to accelerate the commercialization of these clean energy solutions. We cover:
- All fuel cell types and applications
- The full fuel cell supply chain (from research into material science through to systems integration and distribution)
- Hydrogen production and storage
- Hydrogen infrastructure
- Other issues around the delivery, storage and use of associated fuels