The West of England Aerospace Forum takes the privacy of your information very seriously and this policy explains how we collect, use, and dispose of your information, the conditions under which we disclose it and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
WEAF is a regional trade association. Our company registration number is 04483380. Our registered address is 6 Queens Square, Bristol, BS1 4JE.
How do we collect information about you?
We have the following ways to collect your information about you on our website:
- Contact us form
- E-newsletter submission form
- Membership Application Form
By filling out our forms, or e-newsletter sign up, we will collect the following data
- Your name
- Your contact information; email addresses and/or telephone number
We collect additional information from you if you become a member. This additional information includes:
- Company phone number, email and website
- Company annual turnover
- Company description
- Primary, finance and any additional contact details
This information is stored on our crm database, which we accessed securely through a browser.
We also collect information about you when you email, telephone or write to us.
When you visit our website or use our services, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- Your IP address (the name your computer used to identify itself to you)
- How you found our website
- The number of times you visited our website
- The pages that you visit
How your information is used
We may use your data for the following reasons:
- To respond to your request
- To provide services
- Internal record keeping
- Improvement of our services
In addition, with your consent, we will also:
- send email news, events and promotional materials that may be of interest of you
We review our retention periods on a regular basis, but we are legally required to hold some information to fulfil statutory obligations. We will hold your information for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Our legal basis for using your information
The law only allows us to use your personal information in certain limited circumstances. We have listed these below and what information they allow us to process.
1.) Where you have consented to us using your personal information
When you submit information to us on our website, we will process that information in order to comply with your request for further information.
2.) Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you
Examples of how we may use your information in order to comply with a contract that we have entered into with you:
- to provide member services to you
3.) Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests
We may provide you with marketing information about our news and events.
4.) Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
An example of how we may use your information to fulfil a legal obligation is keeping records for tax purposes.
Third party service providers
We will not sell or share your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We may pass your information to our third party service providers, subcontractors and other associated parties for the purposes of completing tasks on our behalf. When we use third party providers, we disclose only the information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
We employ the services of other trusted parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for our operations for collating e-newsletter responses and for online payments. We use secure Cloud based CRMs and accounts system for managing our Customer details and service records.
Third party service providers that work in partnership with us
We will disclose your information if we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
At any time you have the right to request and view your personal data held by WEAF. Your rights also include
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to exercise any of the above rights. We will provide a response within 3 working days.
You also have the choice to unsubscribe to any direct marketing that we send you. This feature is included in all e-marketing campaigns.
Data security is of great importance to WEAF and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website.
If password access is required for certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We endeavour to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the website.
We will inform you if a breach occurs and that we consider your data exposure to be a risk to you and your rights.
Retention of information
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information.
We have a retention policy which lays down timescales for the retention of information.
Customer data retention periods can be found below:
Description: Name and contact details of people expressing interest in our goods or services.
Retention Period: Up to 12 months from last contact
Description: Name and contact details of all customers including emails, addresses and payment information
Retention Period: Seven years after last order.
If you chose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of such information until it is delivered to us.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Cosmic to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
Our Website may place the following Cookies:
Purpose: Allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser and delete Cookies at any time.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help provided by your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting privacy settings.
Links to other websites
You may contact WEAF by email at mailto:email@example.com
Definitions and Interpretation
- Data: collectively all personal information that you submit to Cosmic via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR (2018).
- Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- WEAF, we or us: WEAF is a regional trade association. Our company registration number is 04483380. Our registered address is 6 Queens Square, Bristol, BS1 4JE
- UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by WEAF and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to WEAF and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website: the Website that you are currently using, https://www.weaf.co.uk and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.